Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Mockups to Go...
So I'm finishing my concept presentation for an iPhone app and I'm looking through user research because I'm actually really interested in the process. Interestingly enough, I learned that a good app starts with good sketches! Duh, I learned that a long time ago but I go with the flow. As I read further, I discover that one of the ways is to begin with a paper prototype that you can test with prospective users which will help with learning a lot about how people would use the service and how your design concepts are communicated to users. By making an iPhone app out of paper with your concept sketched in it is cheaper to make changes before you even bring in a programmer and testers will be more comfortable being critical of a paper prototype, and big concept changes can be made early to save time and money. Its good to note that web interfaces, technology, etc. changes daily, but paper prototyping lloks the same today as it did 20 years ago. It's just the same as a sketching before we hit the computer. After all, if you do it right, doesn't sketching save time too? When we are creating full time, paper prototyping will not only save us time it will hopefully help our carreers, and save moey at the same time! For wireframe prototypes to work with, checkout http://graffletopia.com/stencils/358 for free stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment