Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm dreaming of a CMYK Christmas...

Oh boy, the holiday season is here with a load of holiday design. Red and green and glitter and balls and ornamens and trees (not an exhaustive list)...It's an aesthetically challenging time of the year for me. It's pretty much the design equivalent of a crappy Christmas sweater tied up with a bow. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no Scrooge, it just seems like The holidays is the time of the year when designers aren't expected to be original. Although, can holidays really be the holidays without the holiday cliche?

Thank goodness though that the usual bad design I see gives me hope that even if I become the worst graphic designer in the world, I’ll still be employable as one if I chose.But occasionally I find amazing designs that make me want to go into art history...


I love this one. It's a play on the Christmas tree and ornaments, and I think it is so inventive and fun. Looks a bit like a child's toy with the use of the primary colors. And isn't that what the holidays are about? Fun? (Oh yeah, and God too.)







Since I love typography, this card is awesome. I love the letter pressed car an the use of colors that aren't typically associated with the holidays.














In the spirit of the holidays, I won't show anything that offends my sensibilities, but you'll see it for yourself the next time your out and about! Happy hoildays indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment