Friday, November 20, 2009
The Eco Calendar
In my quest to design an app for Web 2, I looked through the multitudes of apps available. One tat I just happened upon was The Eco-Calendar. I found it to be a well-designed app that treats the ecosystem as a group of bandsas it exists in real life. For example, above the earth band, is the sun band, and above the sun ban is a moon band, and so on with daylight and planetary observations. The same goes for under the Earth's surface which will give you tide observations day by day, throughout the year. Taking advantage of the scroll through, you can sroll through the year and the seasons. By tapping any title, you can get information about animals, plants, etc. When you turn the screen to landscape mode, you get indepth earth observations. Additionally if you use two fingers to swipe down while in landscape mode you get constellation observations, including meteor showers and lunar conjunctions. But you can also zoom in on the constellations and learn about the stars that make up that constellations body. What I love about this app is the care and attention to detail in which it was designed. All of the illustrations are hand drawn in a fun way without being cartoonish and gives the user the ability to stay connected to the most precise clock in the world...earth. Unfortunately, this app is unavailable in the US! What the hell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment