Friday, October 9, 2009

Do We Love What We Do?

I have a short attention span...I'll admit, sign it, and date it. I get so caught up in new ideas and information that I just want more and I forget to focus on the plan at hand. Dammit, I'm sidetracked by knowledge! But, I also have so many things to do that I never feel like any one thing gets enough attention or my complete best because I'm so spread thin. However, when I get new project to work on the first thing I do is look for inspiration. I look online. I look the funny shaped mushrooms growing at UA. I look at images and wallpaper, liquor bottles and dance shoes.

Do you ever find yourself missing sleep, friends, meals because you need to finish a project? Do really get lost in making, analyzing, researching, completing a project? If you answer yes, you probably love design. But where do you look for inspiration? Google? (Hope not!) Do you always look around your immediate surroundings for that "Aha!" moment when your inspired to create earth shattering designs? You probably have, as there is SO much out there to spark ingenuity. But I have to ask, have you ever look at yourself? Or more specifically, inside of yourself? Why do you even WANT to be creative? I was reminded of that when on one of my information forages...what was it about design that I really loved? And then, by looking at my own passion, I was inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment